It's Day 4 of my 10 ish day Spring Break. Thus far I have rested, researched for my university assignments and relaxed some more. I also did a bit of shopping. Today I will be brave and bold and venture out to Supermal (yes, that is how it is spelled) all by myself so that I can attend Body Pump and Body Combat. It will probably be more than I can handle to do both classes, but I am going to try to do both classes.
I'm a little hesitant because I had my first unpleasant taxi experience from the Supermal on Friday. Lisa and I were going to Hokey (a grocery store). The common practice is to catch a taxi and then the taxi driver waits while you get groceries. Well, our driver was an ass-hat from the first moment we got in the taxi. In the end, we simply had Hokey call a taxi for us and life was great, but I still worry about having to hop into a taxi from the mall. I'm just getting to the point where I know how to get home. I don't want to end up getting lost.
Today I will start to make my way through some of my articles for my assignments. I am looking at narrative research design. I have to complete a concept map as well as a theory paper. The concept map is Due April 1st. The theory paper is due on April 8th. I am hoping to have the concept map handed in and a good start on the theory paper before the week is up. Fingers crossed that I will stay motivated. There is a part of me that just wants to curl up and nap the week away (waking just long enough to take some pictures).
If my university class was the only work that I had on my plate, that would be manageable, but I also need to get work done for school. I am trying really hard to ensure things are balanced. I don't want to go back to work next week feeling tired and run down. It's all about balance, right.
Rose is here today. She prepared a loverly salad for my lunch. Why do salads taste so much better when someone else makes them? I have tried to encourage her to take some of this week off, but she insists on coming to work this week- at least part time.
So all in all, it will be a busy week. I will see what I can do about taking some more pictures in the days ahead too!
Talk to you all soon
Tylene
No comments:
Post a Comment