On the weekend I didn't take pictures. I know, I know, you want to see where I live. But instead of taking pictures, I prepared for the week. I read three novels that my kids will be studying in lit circles, I rearranged my classroom and I had a baking date with two fabulous kids. So pictures, well, they'll wait.
I approached the day like any other first day of school. We discussed expectations, answered questions, and jumped right into the learning. My concerns and uncertainty were unwarranted. It's going to be a very busy few months. There is lots to do when you're jumping into the year for the last few months and are teaching a new grade level. Regardless, I am enjoying myself. I am starting to build relationships with people and becoming more accustomed to my new surroundings. All in all I am starting to feel more settled.
Speaking of being settled, kitty reports from Canada are all great. Mom sent me an email last night that indicated that even Henry has warmed up to the idea of cuddles. Mom said that he decided the chaise lounge was a suitable place to curl up - while mom was there. He took full advantage of the cuddles.
Ella is also adjusting, although I didn't doubt that she would. She is so easy going. She's been a chaise cuddler for weeks now. I am glad that the kitties are feeling so comfortable with mom and that mom is feeling so comfortable with the kitties.
Mom is also working hard at finding a way to convince Henry to eat the low protein food that he clearly doesn't like. She's finding other food that he enjoys and is mixing the two. While it's not completely "low protein" I'm sort of in the camp that I'd rather he eat somewhat healthy food, then not eat the totally healthy food.
So, all in all, things are going well. I did take my first official picture tonight. I was just about to cut up the tiny pineapples that Ibu Rose brought from the market last week when I decided that I needed to take a picture of just how small they were. I should have put an apple or potato or something beside it because in the picture, it looks like any other pineapple. But it is oh, so delicious. Tomorrow is market day again. I have quite the list made. I hope Ibu Rose pops by this evening so I can explain that she doesn't need to pick up everything on the list tomorrow.
And on that note, I do hope you are well. Keep checking back - soon enough there will be a picture of something :)
Tylene
No comments:
Post a Comment