Well, it is truly awesome to be home again. This year has been a particularly challenging one. Some of those challenges were indeed in the classroom, and for the most part, I think I handled those well. Other challenges, though, were well beyond my control and it was really simply a matter of trying to roll with the punches as best I could. I'm a little more bruised than usual, come the end of the school year, but have many things to be thankful for and many looks to look ahead to.
Since arriving back in Humboldt on Sunday afternoon, I have rested, napped, slept, completed my PYP online course, warmed up my own lunch, slept some more, played with my kitties, got to pet Henry, slept some more and here we are, Tuesday, June 13th.
I had many lofty ambitions for my return to Saskatchewan. First was getting my shipment unpacked, sorting out what I will keep and what I will give away, repacking those things I really want with me in Surabaya, sorting out my old teaching resources from the basement and so on. Apparently I have more ambition than I have energy, so those tasks will have to wait a day or two. While I have three months almost for summer holidays, there are very few days left without something to do. I am really looking forward to camp. I'm not at all looking forward to University...hopefully that will change in the next 6 weeks.
I think I will give myself the rest of today to unpack my suitcase (I only brought home one), maybe hit the treadmill or go for a walk in Humboldt (it's actually sort of sunny today) and just try to get to the point where I feel normal. Mom reminds me that it's important I take time to allow myself to adjust to the time change and to decompress from a very stressful year. She is a wise woman, but I also see piles of boxes and such that just need to be dealt with. Sigh!
Next week, I'll spend a few days at Kenosee helping Fr. Banga with cooking for a school group. That should be oodles of fun. I've also got to get my passport renewed. That is on tomorrow's agenda. Perhaps it will be a quick trip into S'toon. Maybe I'll save that for Thursday. At any rate, there is plenty to do to keep me busy...including taking time to just rest.
Well, now that I'm just babbling, I shall sign off. Will have more to say once I come out of my jetlag fog, I am sure
Ty
No comments:
Post a Comment