Well, it's not really a manic Monday, it's just a Monday. We've had a busy day so far, and it's only 11:30. I feel that days are more and more busy and I am more and more tired. Could it have anything to do with late nights writing papers and baking yummy treats for the appreciate bbq this weekend? I am not being appreciated - we're appreciating the workers at our school! Happy to bake for them. AND it means I get to use my new mixer everyday! Delightful.
I had a major paper due yesterday. Got the stupid thing submitted, but it wasn't without a little drama. First, mom wasn't able to proof-read, so when one of my colleagues offered, I figured, why not. Second, I've not ever been quite sure that I have done what was asked because, to be perfectly honest, in spite of emails for clairfication, a rubric and the actual assignment, it was all a little muddy. Essentially it is a critical analysis of a curriculum document using one of the models we've studied thus far and incorporating readings from other researchers (who have described other models of curriculum) but we were only to use one lens to write about the curriculum we were analyzing. Did that make sense to you? Now you can feel my pain.
We have a busy week ahead of us. We're celebrating Halloween on Thursday. There will be a costume parade as well as haunted house, games and trick or treating. Not bad for a country that doesn't really celebrate Halloween. We'll end instructon 30 minutes before the end of the day so kids can get into costume and will carry on until about 5:00. I must say that I am glad to be doing it on Thursday, rather than on Monday - especially with the appreciation bbq this weekend.
I have also decided to get into the festivities. I will make a nun costume before Thursday. I have sent the drivers to get my material and such from the souk. I have my sewing machine and between baking and such it will be easy as pie. The last nun costume I made took me 6 hours. I did it the night before and it turned out well. I had also not sewn since highschool, so was seriously out of practice. I am sure this one will be a much smoother process. Thank goodness for easy-sew patterns. I'll see if I can't rummage up a picture or two come the end of the day.
Speaking of pictures, the time has come to take pictures of the baby kitties that live in my garden. Their cute little faces will not melt my heart...They are still nameless and technically live in my garden, not in my house - so they aren't really my kitties, right!
Not sure if there is anything else to report. Nope, there isn't. Our Eid break is coming up very soon...as are report cards. I can't tell you how excited I am to be gearing up for a whole week of nothing-ness. I will also head to Kuwait at the end of November for my birthday. Other than that, my travel plans are non-existent. I am trying to keep pages in my passport empty so I don't need a new one.
Talk to you very soon,
Ty
No comments:
Post a Comment