Just as I signed off on the last blog, it occured to me that, other than a quick mention, I didn't tell you all about Henry and Ella! Bad kitty momma!
So when we last heard the adventures of Henry and Ella, the little buggers had fleas, and were quite comfortable sharing the little vermin. So when I came home in June, I had more flea bites that I could scratch. Thanks to momma who got some itch goop, I felt much better in a short time.
Kitties were treated the Tuesday after I left. I am happy to report there were no fleas when I returned home. Ella didn't take any time at all to greet me with a "Where the hell have you been" and a "Oh how I missed you, please cuddle me NOW". She followed me around for the afternoon and had no trouble curling right up to my toes to either sleep or play "let's catch her feet". Henry, on the other hand, was a little less forgiving. Upon arrival, he stuffed himself into the corner of the bed in the spare bedroom, pinned his ears to his head, closed his eyes to reveal nothing but a slit and said "YOU! You left me here and now you expect me to be all fluffy and warm like that other cat...not going to happen). For a while, I wondered if he was sick, because he literally didn't move from that position on the bed until about 8 hours after I arrived home. Then he came to my room, curled up on the foot of the bed, would not let me touch him, but slept on his blankey.
It took Henry a few days to get back to his old self...cranky and crotchety, but an excellent cuddler at night. Ella has resumed her role as the cockroach queen. Found two dead ones - one this morning and one earlier in the week. Luckily I haven't seen any that were alive.
Weather is hot, but nice enough to allow for a walk at 4. Cathy and I are walking everyday. We're up to three miles a day (we started with 1 and 2/5 of a mile the first day). It is a good workout, especially given the heat. Thankfully, Ramadan is over and we can drink water freely now.
Now I can officially sign off. More kitty updates to follow
Ty
1 comment:
Hi, Ty,
After getting oriented and introduced and welcomed and somewhat settled into my new very part time job this week, I finally indulged in catching up with your blog. Loved the kitty stories!
We are working on repairing and general sprucing up of the exterior of our old house before winter arrives. Hope that the motivation carries on to the interior when it gets too cold to work outside.
Doug and Julie are coming next week to visit SK family. They now travel in an RV which they park in people's yards and camp sites. Convenient way to visit!
First DKD meeting tonight. Next one in October will be at your Mom's. We're planning a lunch with a Middle Eastern menu, including saffron. Wish you could be here.
Stay safe!
Lots of love, Lynn
Post a Comment