Monday, May 3, 2010

My butt hurts - the downside of downsizing

It's Monday - as I try to do on Monday I will write a blog. It's unusual today as I am sitting in my apartment while I write. Rubi is busy cleaning - which is still a difficult thing to get used to. I try to sneak in my kitchen to wash up the dishes in my sink (which, for the record are just supper dishes from last night) but no luck - she's rather forceful when she doesn't want me in the kitchen.

As such, I'm in my living room and figured I'd blog a little. Today I had my first session with my personal trainer. I met with Libby at 6:00 a.m. and worked rather hard for the first hour of my day. Got to spend an hour boxing. As the day went on, I became progressively more sore. Now it's my abs and my butt that hurt. Lots of knee raises. Regardless I will keep working - you won't recognize me when I return...I'll be all fit and trim - well, fitter and trimmer anyway.

Saw the surgeon on Saturday. I've lost 5 kg since the beginning of March. My goal is to lose 5 more before I leave here. It's not impossible as, while I was at the doctor,I found out for the first time in the past year my thyroid function test came back normal. That's a big deal for a girl with a stupid thyroid. I also found out that troubles singing is a result of only having 70% of my vocal cord function back. It should return, but the ENT has encouraged me to go for speech therapy when I get back to Canada. Just something to put on my to-do list this summer.

We've had a lot of rain the last couple days (again). Been a very humid few weeks - my hair does this annoying flippy thing. I just wish it would be desert hot- you know, dry and hot. The cool thing is that by 5 or so in the evening, the temperature has cooled enough that a walk to the gym isn't a hardship.

I wish there was some exciting sort of news to share, but not so much. Life ticks along. My students are driving me a little crazy (Perhaps because it's May!) Only 23 more school days remain, I think. I can definitely do that.

Well, I am going to run. Rubi has moved to the bathroom which means I can go curl up in my bed and have a wee snooze. Maybe not a snooze, but at least a little bit of a break.

Hope this finds all of you well. See you in 39 more sleeps.

Ty

No comments: