Well, sort of...
Although tomorrow is Wednesday, it's almost like a Thursday because Thursday is just for Parent/Student/Teacher conferences and only a half day. Therefore I can almost rejoice in the weekend.
I am dog tired, I tell you! Not sure what it is about the end of the school year, but it sure does kick a girl in the butt. I am looking forward to every weekend by noon on Sunday. Weeks are going by very quickly, sometimes too quickly, sometimes not quickly enough. The movers will be at my place on Saturday to give me an estimate for shipping my crappola home. It's a difficult decision to ship my IKEA things home or to sell them off here and go to Edmonton or Calgary for more things. Part of me thinks sell and save on shipping. Part of me thinks that I really like my things so why wouldn't I keep them! I guess the final decision will be made based on how much the quote comes back at!
In Grade Five we're busy wrapping up our student-led inquiry unit. Exhibition, as it is referred to, will be presented on Tuesday. Sunday and Monday will be set up and rehearsal days. Tuesday morning is an open house. Tuesday afternoon is the real deal. I must admit that I can't hardly wait for it to be over. Not that it involves a lot of work - just a lot of student monitoring and reigning in of overly ambitious brains - some of whom don't understand why limits need to be set. Oh well, what's a girl to do, right?
On a sad note, all those who I thought loved me (my brothers, especially) have opted out of the opportunity to see Bon Jovi with me in July. My mommy, however, has said that she'll give it a go - need to see if there are still tickets available. Always an adventure when you live in the desert.
Speaking of desert adventures - we had major rain today. Mind you, major rain in the desert is sucked up rather quickly and by morning recess (10:30) the ground was almost dry. Crazy, but true. At one point, I was sure that I would be trapped in the elevator as a huge crash of thunder hit. It was as though it was right above the elevator shaft - CRAZINESS. I guess being locked in the elevator wouldn't be too bad - aside from the lack of a.c. and the potential of suffocating to death. ha ha. I'm so dramatic. Last week a girl was trapped in the elevator - kept hitting the alarm bell and I was baffled by the sound. A little investigation found dear Andrea stuck between floors three and four. Poor girl. She certainly had a look of relief when she was finally freed. More so, she was rather appreciative that I sought out what that funny noise was. Oh the adventures in Kuwait.
Hmmm, anything else to report? I don't think so. Getting more settled into the idea of a return home, although still not "feeling" it. Have started applications for home, which from across an ocean, are a pain in the hiney - it would appear that the electronic forms are only electronic to print out, fill out, scan and then email. Not the easiest way to apply, but I'll keep it up. Need to find a job :)
And on that note I should be off. Hope all is well. I heard y'all in Saskatchewan recently enjoyed a blizzard. Hee hee hee. Blizzard in April...hee hee hee
Much love
Ty and Grover - who is rather p.oed that I haven't been including him in blog entries lately. Beware - he has threated to write the next one
No comments:
Post a Comment