Monday, March 22, 2010

Tick tock tick tock

Well, Grover and I have had a relatively quiet time this year. Aside from the Dubai adventure at Christmas there has been very little travel. Right now I'm just days away from our Spring break (starts on Friday) I have decided to stay in Kuwait, but on the off chance that things are too dusty here I will hop on a plane to parts unknown. Lebanon maybe...Jordan perhaps.

I think the thing is that I'm just so beat that the thought of spending money to go and travel when what I really want to do is sleep in and rest is hard to stomach. I will spend the non-dusty days at the Corniche. That is something that I can look forward to at least. I have come to really like it there - the exercise classes anyway. Now to go out and enjoy things like the pool! It's getting hot enough now for such adventures.

I'm still waiting on word from Romania. Sadly the director's father passed away last weekend. As such, he's returned to the States. He's the last interview in a long process that started about a month ago. I continue to be optimistic, but really don't want to get my hopes too high. At this point, I would just like to know one way or another as to what is going to happen next year.

Life is treating me well. I sang for the first time on Thursday, March 18th. Just a little more than a year after I lost my voice. I was given the go ahead the previous Saturday. Nothing like our International Day festival and a crowd of 1600 Grade 1 - 12 students and staff to make my grand debut. Those in elementary land, being aware of the struggles of the past year, were very sweet. Many an affirmation and congratulations. Those in middle school and high school had a different reaction - to my friends they would say "What? She wrote a song for the school...and can play guitar....and can sing? I guess that is an indicator of the sheer size of the school - too big.

Kitties are fine, although still infected with fungus! Ella's poor ears looked really good for a while - now, not so much! I will blame it on the dust...maybe she's dust sensitive too! Henry is, well, Henry. He's taken to sleeping on a pillow at the head of my bed. He snores too! It's sort of cute...he gets all curled up, sticks his tongue out just a little then starts to snore. I sometimes can't help but giggle. I've never known a snoring cat before!

I guess that's all that's new to report. things are wrapping up. Just finished the third set of progress reports. One report card due in June and we're done. Interviews will follow Spring break and then we just have Student led conferences at the end of May. One more unit to plan; one more unit to teach; all winding down.

Our next biggie is Exhibition which will take place on April 20th. It is an entirely student driven inquiry into a topic of their choice based on their interest. Most kids are off to a roaring start. sadly one group is having a wee trouble. There's always one group, isn't there!

And on that note I will be off. Been a long day - that isn't ending with tutoring (whoo hoo). While I love the money tutoring brings, I enjoy the time that I have for myself when I'm not having to tutor.

Until next time my friends.

Ty

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Dear Tylene, Keep your spirits up - no reason why you shouldn't indulge in lots and lots of sleeping in - if that's what you feel like doing for your break! Make the most of your last weeks in the desert - you probably won't be back. On the other hand, it's not long until you're back in good old- either cold or dusty- SK. Your Mom is already planning the next Christmas in July!
I'm almost finished a three month marathon of Needs Assessment for our Pastoral Charge replete with meetings, survey, meetings, consultations, meetings, report writing, meetings, etc. etc. What will I do with my spare time when it's all over??!
I visited little Jasmyne this afternoon. She is now in a regular Pediatric ward, not Neonatal Intensive Care, but still needs oxygen tubes in her nose and a feeding tube from nose through to stomach. No indication of when she might be home. She's a cute and feisty wee mite.
We are awaiting the March blizzard promised when March came in like a lamb, but Spring is just around the corner with most snow gone and real warmth in the sun.
All fingers crossed for your last interview for Hungary,
Love, Lynn