Thursday, February 18, 2010

When you don't know what to do, don't do anything...

Sadly it's been far to long since I last blogged. I hope that you've not been sitting idly by, waiting for my newest update.

I guess the most recent news is the Boston job fair. To be blunt, Boston was a bust. It was a horrible week in which I didn't get any interviews. Not sure why not, but that is the way it went. It was a difficult week coming back to Kuwait, but I made it through. I have great people who are always here for me and that makes these trying times so much easier. I will certainly hope that the upcoming months bring some clarity, but for now the plan is this...

It is my intention to come home. Not entirely sure where "home" will be, yet, but home is where I'm heading. I am crossing my fingers and toes that I have a more receptive response from employers in Saskatchewan when I return, but we'll see what happens. Who know? I certainly didn't expect the outcome in Boston, so I'm being cautiously optimistic.

The plan is (and always was) to return to middle school. I've missed those crazy kids a lot. In fact, I think it's one of the reasons that I love tutoring the students I tutor so much. It gives me a little fix of middle school land.

Now there are practical decisions to make, such as do I bring my the things that I've bought here in Kuwait, or do I sell and come home with just the basics. I know that there are pros and cons to both options. I suppose I have some time to make some decisions in that regard...but not too much time! As people are getting ready to leave, more and more are getting ready to sell all that they have. It's all about timing, I think!

Speaking of timing, it's that time of year again...the Grade Five Exhibition is just around the corner. It's going to be a very busy time. I really have a love/hate reaction towards exhibition. But for me it means that I only have two units left until the end of the year. Is it normal to be looking so forward to the end of the year.

National day/liberation day/Prophet Mohammed's birthday are all being celebrated this weekend. We've been given an additional day off. Sadly I am not traveling. Having spent the week in Boston sort of eliminated the ability to travel a few weeks later. Oh well, there's always Spring Break.

Enough random thoughts for this blog. I am excited to return home...weather in Kuwait is getting hot again. I'll be all set for a Saskatchewan summer with my winter coat and mittens :)

Until next time...
Tylene

No comments: